The mission of the Puget Sound Chapter is to serve the interests of technical communicators in the Puget Sound Region. To fulfill this mission, the Puget Sound Chapter will:
• Encourage technical communicators and their employers to value quality technical communication products, services, and professionals.
• Promote opportunities for members to improve their professional skills and knowledge.
• Promote job opportunities in the Puget Sound region.
• Promote advances in the practice of technical communication.
• Promote the health and safety of technical communicators.
• Maintain the strength and viability of the Puget Sound Chapter.
• Ensure the future of the technical communications profession by encouraging promising candidates to prepare for careers as technical communicators.
The Puget Sound Chapter provides many activities, including:
• Monthly chapter meeting with presentations and discussion about cutting-edge technical communication topics
• Saturday afternoon, hands-on computer workshop to help you enhance your skills
• Articles of interest to technical communicators
• Assistance in employment through networking, Job Fairs, and web-site employment directory
• Annual competition to evaluate and acknowledge excellence in the work of our members
• Souther-White Scholarship Program
About Monthly Meetings
The Puget Sound Chapter's monthly Chapter meetings and special meetings are an excellent opportunity for members to network. Meetings are held in great locations, and food and beverages are served.
Unless notice is otherwise given, the monthly Chapter meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every month.
- Name: Kristine Haugseth