As the U.S. economy continues to transition from goods-producing to service-providing employment, job candidates who have the ability to interact and communicate effectively with others—both interpersonally and through various forms of media—will be at a tremendous advantage. Service-providing industries are expected to account for approximately 15.7 million new wage and salary jobs generated over the decade ending in 2016.* Study to prepare for your role in this exciting industry by earning a Bachelor of Science in Communication online at Kaplan University.
Through a combination of theory and application, this program is designed to help you develop strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills applicable in any career field. The Bachelor of Science in Communication curriculum emphasizes:
- Writing and speaking skills, group dynamics, team building, and resolving complex issues that arise in the workplace
- Planning and developing dynamic, interactive multimedia presentations and websites
- Understanding the effects of technology, government and industry regulation, and legal and ethical issues in communication
- Utilizing new media and software applications most frequently used in business, institutional, and home environments
- 6301 Kaplan University Ave.
- Ft. Lauderdale