Bulletproofing Your Career Online
Ben Woelk and Hannah Morgan
What are the 10 key steps to building and securing your online reputation? A security professional and a career sherpa provide their perspectives on how to create an online presence that enhances and promotes your career safely and effectively. Participants will learn:
- The best way to secure your personal information online and the importance of key words
- Why it is important to stay current on upgrades to software and career trends.
- Why a technical firewall is good but a personal firewall is not
- How establishing trust online can set you apart and protect you
- What information is and is not appropriate to share on social networks
- Why carefully selecting messaging online is not just a matter of safety but also managing your personal reputation.
- The importance of choosing your online friends thoughtfully
- Why Google is one of the best tools for monitoring your online identity.
- The dangers of providing too much personal information online.
- How to think differently about security in the 21st century.
Understand the keys for successfully managing your reputation and advancing your career using social media and networking. Attendees will learn tools and techniques to protect their identities while leveraging social media and managing a strong brand presence online.