Presentation Date10 April 2012
Social Documentation: Share the Vision, Get Ready
Technical communication may be on the brink of a cultural shift from one-sided, didactic, expert-driven user documentation to utilizing user-generated content, collaborative communication, and the power of communities. Documentation teams can now utilize Web 2.0 approaches to capture user-generated content using user communities, wikis, blogs, forums, and other social media and to capture user information using social platforms APIs.
To execute a successful social documentation strategy, documentation teams need to learn to architect and foster user communities and then to incorporate user-generated content into their workflows.
This webinar will cover:
- Social Documentation or Documentation 2.0 as convergence of documentation and Web 2.0 methodologies
- Crowdsourcing and user communities as source of content
- Creating feedback and content distribution mechanisms using social platforms APIs
- Collecting user information and creating user personas based on using social platforms APIs
- Personalizing documentation content based on user profiles and personas
- Real-time topic updates delivery options using Web updates or Web services
- Social Documentation group on LinkedIn