Member Get a Member
Recruit New Members by 15 January and Get Credit Toward Your 2013 Membership!
Reach Out. Connect. Recruit.Every time you recruit a new member, you strengthen STC. A vital and growing STC membership means greater recognition of technical communicators, improved educational and networking opportunities for members, and the advancement of the profession. Why not reach out and share the same valuable opportunities with your colleagues? We know that you understand the value of your STC membership and now is the perfect time to reach out to your professional contacts and recruit them to join STC. And, when you recruit a new member, we want to reward you.
What’s In It for You?You are the greatest testimony to the benefits of being an STC member. By recruiting others, you will:
- Expand your network of TC professionals
- Strengthen STC—A vital and growing membership means greater recognition of the TC profession, improved educational and networking opportunities for members, and the advancement of technical communication worldwide
- Help others succeed in their careers
- Receive recognition for your recruitment efforts
- Receive a $25 credit per recruit towards your 2013 membership dues, up to the cost of a Classic membership.
How It WorksMeet One. Tell a friend, colleague, or employer why you’re a member and why the Society is an indispensable part of your professional development.
Bring One. Have your referral join STC by 15 January 2013, list your name in the “Referred by” field on the member application and enter “MGAM13” as the promotion code. MGAM members must enter your name for you to get the referral credit.
Get Rewarded. For each member you recruit, you receive a $25 credit towards your 2013 membership dues. Referring members must renew by 28 February 2013 to be eligible for referral credit.
Don’t miss the chance to earn a free membership and share the value of STC!