Recruit New Members by 1 September and your community will be Entered to Win!
Up, up and away! The balloon race is on. Will your chapter or SIG reach the sky?
Every time you recruit a new member, you strengthen STC. A vital and growing STC membership means greater recognition of technical communicators, improved educational and networking opportunities for members, and the advancement of the profession. Why not reach out and share the same valuable opportunities with your colleagues? We know that you understand the value of your STC membership and now is the perfect time to reach out to your professional contacts and recruit them to join STC.
What’s In It for You?
You are the greatest testimony to the benefits of being an STC member. By working with your community and recruiting others, you will:
- Expand your network of TC professionals and strengthen your chapter or SIG
- Strengthen STC—A vital and growing membership means greater recognition of the TC profession, improved educational and networking opportunities for members, and the advancement of technical communication worldwide
- Help others succeed in their careers
- Receive recognition for your recruitment efforts
- Be entered into a drawing for prizes
- <25 members - Recruit 5 new members
- 26-40 members - Recruit 10 new members
- 41-75 members - Recruit 15 new members
- 76 - 150 members - Recruit 20 new members
- 150 + members - Recruit 25 new members
Special Interest Group (SIG) Categories
- <500 members - Recruit 15 new members
- >500 members - Recruit 20 new members
Based on the number of Classic, New TC Professional, and Student members you recruit, your community will be entered to win one of the following prizes:
- One of two full 2015 STC Summit Registrations
- One of five live web seminar registrations to the event of your choice
- One of two $25 Amazon Gift Cards
- Recognition on the STC Notebook blog
We strongly encourage communities to raffle off these prizes for their members. Each Student member you recruit will be considered as half an entry. Corporate Value Program members will not be considered for MGAM entry.
How It Works
Meet One. Tell a friend, colleague, or employer why you're a member and why the Society is an indispensable part of your professional development.
Bring One. Have your referral join STC by 1 September 2014 and list your community in the “Referred by” field on the member application. MGAM members must enter your community name for you to get the referral credit.
Get Rewarded. For each time your community reachs your goal recruitment number, you are entered into a drawing for prizes.
Don’t miss the chance to win and share the value of STC!