Until : Saturday, 17 September 2011 17:00
See http://09-17-11-rahel-bailie.eventbrite.com/ for a complete description of this workshop and to RSVP.
This workshop, sponsored and subsidized by the STC Washington, DC and Metro Baltimore Chapter and DC Web Women, discusses content within the phases of the content lifecycle, and illustrates the interdependencies within the user experience. Participants will discover a framework for developing content that aligns with user-centered design, from user research through personas and scenarios, to wireframes and content development. Whether you are on the marketing communications side, figuring out to leverage content for better conversion rates, or on the technical communications side, learning about the emergence of structured content and social documentation, or on the management side, looking at overall brand management, this workshop will yield valuable processes and techniques for better management of your content.
Participants are taken through a number of content strategy activities in the context of a typical content strategy project. Some of the learner outcomes include:
- Making informed decisions when developing a strategic content plan
- Finding techniques to leverage content in compelling ways
- Identifying the key deliverables of a content strategy
- Learning how to prepare specific deliverables in context of a content strategy
- Becoming the content advocate on a user experience team