Reply to discussion
Joyce Gibbs
Thanks, Rick!
Thursday, 13 December 2012 12:28
Nessa Memberg
Very interesting topic!

I know there is something for companies "prime leadership" or "partnership" liability insurance. Why not for the lone consultant?

Have you tried a Google search "technical writer liability insurance"?

I was surprised at the response listings!

Good luck on this.
Thursday, 13 December 2012 11:06
Bill Janke
I would check with your home owner's insurance agent. I sell fine art photography at art fairs and have special coverage for my products and in case a storm causes my display to damage another artist's property or falls on a customer.
Thursday, 13 December 2012 10:46
Rick Sapir
I know that STC provides liability insurance for its communities and chapters, but I'm not sure if it is available directly to members. You might contact STC HQ directly and see:

Thursday, 13 December 2012 10:39