The mission of the San Francisco chapter is to:
- Promote the arts and sciences of technical communication in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Promote career development in the technical communication profession for our members, other colleagues, and students of technical communication
- Promote respect, increased public awareness, and appreciation of the technical communication profession
ABOUT THE PRESENTATION
Smartphones have sparked a huge, new software segment – the mobile app. This creates an important pair of questions for user assistance professionals: What is our role going forward in mobile and how can we prepare to take that on? User Assistance does have a role in supporting mobile apps. As the mobile app market continues to soar, this is becoming the next frontier for user assistance professionals. This session provides an overview of current issues regarding design, writing, tools, and planning of your mobile UA.
YOU WILL LEARN
- About contemporary design for user assistance in mobile apps.
- Why traditional desktop UA translates poorly to the small screen.
- What techniques are particularly useful to employ.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Joe Welinske specializes in helping your software development effort through crafted communication. The best user experience features quality words and images in the user interface. The UX of a robust product is also enhanced through comprehensive user assistance. This includes Help, wizards, FAQs, videos and much more. For over twenty-five years, Joe has been providing training, contracting, and consulting services for the software industry. recently published the book, Developing User Assistance for Mobile Apps. He also teaches courses for Bellevue College, the University of California, and the University of Washington. Check out the Events page for upcoming classes and industry presentations.
Email email@example.com by Monday, February 23 to save your spot!
For more information go to: http://stc-sf.org/2015/02/16/free-webinar-on-february-25-joe-welinske-on-techniques-for-mobile-user-assistance/
|No files uploaded yet|